While you are self isolating, your taxes don’t have to wait. I can prepare your taxes remotely, and you don’t have to leave your house!
I know, given the COVID-19 crisis, filing taxes is probably the last thing on your mind. You have probably heard that the tax deadlines have been shifted forward; however, if you are expecting benefits, (the CCB or the GSTC), filing now will ensure you receive them without interruption.
What does remote filing look like?
- Get in touch! We can communicate completely by email, by phone and/or by video chat. (I use Zoom and Google chat.) We can chat about your tax situation and figure out what information you need to gather.
- Email me your documents, and give me any other information I need to know by email or by phone. (This blog post has a list to help you make sure you have all your information ready for filing.)
- To get your T forms (T4s, T4As, T5s etc), you can access your MyCRA account, save them as pdfs, and email them to me. Alternatively, if you want to give me access to your CRA files, you need to log in to your MyCRA account and authorize me as a representative. (I can provide more information about hoe to do that.)
- Once I prepare your taxes , I email you a T183 form which you can sign electronically or print, sign and scan back to me.
- Once the T183 form is returned, I can e-file your taxes, and will send you a pdf copy of your return.
- I will send you an invoice, and you can e-transfer me payment.
N.B. If your income has been affected by the COVID-19 crisis, please let me know and I am happy to prepare your taxes at a discount, or free of charge. DO NOT BE SHY TO LET ME KNOW.
And if you have any questions about tax filing, bookkeeping, or working remotely, get in touch. I am always happy to chat.
Photo credit: Cliff Johnson